Simple, yet flavorful, these salmon cakes are a must try!
Makes 4 Patties • Serving size: 1 Patty = 3 oz. Protein and ½ Starch
Makes 1 cup Dressing • Serving size: 2 tsp. = 1 Fat
- 15 oz. can wild salmon, drained or 1½ cups cooked salmon
- 3 tsp. avocado oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. capers, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1½ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 cup veganese mayo
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
1. Aioli Dressing: MIx mayo, garlic and lemon in a covered bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
2. Heat 1½ tsp. oil in a skillet over medium, add onion and celery, cooking until soft about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, dill and capers. Remove from heat.
3. Place salmon in a medium bowl, flake apart with a fork. Add egg, Dijon mustard, yogurt and spices. Mix well. Add the onion mixture and fold in the breadcrumbs.
4. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with 1½ tsp. avocado oil. Shape the salmon mixture into 4 patties, about 4 inch diameters and place onto prepared pan. Bake about 10 minutes, flip each patty over with a wide spatula and bake another 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
We want to see it! Follow @TheHealthyWaySantaCruz, snap a photo and tag it with #HealthyWaySC - We'd love to know what you're making!
Check out The Healthy Way Cookbook! Featuring over 100 healthy recipes to keep you on track & feeling fabulous!
Join Our Mailing List
Stay up-to-date on the latest news from The Healthy Way